Popular HLI Tags
- 1st Battalion HLI
- 2nd Battalion HLI
- 52nd Lowland Volunteers
- 71st of Foot
- 74th of Foot
- Boer War
- Cyprus (EOKA)
- Indian Wars
- Looking for an HLI ancestor
- Story about HLI ancestor
- Suez Crisis
- War Memorials
- World War One
- World War Two
This is the community section of the website where our members can look for friends, tell a story about the HLI, contribute to further research on the Regiment and share family history research.
The views and comments found here are of the online membership and do not necessarily reflect those of the Highland Light Infantry Association.
It is organised into four categories:
1. Find a Friend - This section is intended for former serving members to help connect old friends and comrades. For family history research see below. ( go to section )
2. HLI Stories - This section is for personal memories or recollections from those who served with the Regiment or stories from friends and family of those who served. ( go to section )
3. HLI Research - This section is for formal research into the Regiment and is intended to be academic in tone rather than purely personal. ( go to section )
4. Family History Research - This section is where members can share family history research. Please keep this section focused on the HLI and associataed Regiments. ( go to section )
5. The Last Post - This section is reserved for 'In Memoriam' notices on recently fallen comerades. ( go to section )
Submissions to the HLI Community section can be made through the HLI Community Menu on the left (registered users only).
Full guidelines and instruction for use can be found here.
Some of our most recent posts are shown below.
« StartPrev12345678910NextEnd »
|Page 1 of 12|